Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Tuesday, October 22

Since Caleb was cross-training with a master instructor, class didn't start until eight last night as opposed to the usual seven thirty.  Most everyone showed up normal time to warm-up and work some drills.  I decided to take advantage of the time to attend at least half of the Christmas demo practice at my Tang Soo Do school. (Oh my goodness.  I can't believe Christmas is close enough for me to type!)  I ended up arriving to class just a few minutes before Caleb.

Obviously, we didn't have as much time as usual for drilling, so we mainly focused on one collar choke.  It was actually one that I don't think I have done before, or if I have, it was a little different.  It was a good choke for little people like me because it required no strength to complete.  We also briefly practiced the arm bar from said choke.

Lots of rolling to finish up.  With the tournaments and blue belt test coming up, 3-stripe white belts and up started standing.  I haven't practiced stand-up in months, so I was a little anxious to see how I did.  Somehow, my brain switched gears and allowed me to look like I actually knew what I was doing.  However, it took a lot of will power to prevent myself from reverting back to a high Tang Soo Do fighting stance.

I rolled with the white belt wrestler again tonight.  It would seem he is still learning how this whole jiu-jitsu thing works.  I look forward to the day when he realizes that once my arms are out of the triangle, squeezing my head as hard as possible will not cause me to tap; it'll just annoy me. (Or make me teeny bit mad. RAWR!!!)

Sore in multiple places today.  Thankful for a bit of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment