Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Monday, October 28

Monday's class was big againWow! This might actually become the new class size!  After warm-up, we drilled two ways to do a basic double leg.  The first required too much strength to be an effective takedown for smaller people (like me), so I personally preferred the second.  We then proceeded to drill a basic triangle from guard and a guard pass.  I always appreciate working on guard passes in class because it seems that that is one of the weakest parts of my game.  I usually have about as much trouble breaking the guard open as passing it.  For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards standing guard breaks and passes (which is what we drilled tonight).  I'm honestly not sure why though, because whenever I spend much time in the guard, my legs get exhausted just holding up the extra weight.  Then they feel about as useful as limp noodles.

Sadly, I didn't get much rolling in tonight.  Five rounds total, but I had to sit out two in a row due to lack of training partner.  Two rolls with newer(ish) white belts and one good roll with Caleb to finish up.

One of the Tang Soo Do guys from Hebron was trying class for the first time last night.  He seemed to really enjoy it.  I think I'll wait awhile to roll with him though and see how hard he goes.  (He's a little scary to spar with since he's stronger than he realizes and is still learning control.  Just being cautious here.)

Preparing for a tournament this weekend.  Of course, this would be the one week that I just can't be at class Tuesday night.  Oh well.  I'm planning on calling the organizers Friday to make sure there are some other girls signed up for my division.  My luck, I would show up and have no one to compete against.

No comments:

Post a Comment