Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm back!!!

I think it's been like two months since my last post...sorry about that.  I suppose I should have mentioned this in advance.  I have a terrible tendency with writing (and art and occasionally reading) that for a while, anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, I will do a ton of writing.  I'll write everyday or every other day or whenever I get a chance.  But then I burn myself out and writing becomes a chore and I have trouble dragging myself to the computer to do it.  Needless to say, I hit that point in December.  Not really sure if I'm through it yet, but I can try.

I only made it to a few classes last month anyway.  Between the weather and other commitments, I only actually made it to two gi classes last month.  I should have guessed considering I got a new gi for Christmas that I was dying to wear. (Maybe I'll do a review for it later.  I couldn't find a review for the women's before I bought it.)

I guess I never posted the results from the Newbreed tournament back in December.  Short version - first place in Gi, first place in No-Gi, finally got to go against a girl!!  So overall good tournament!  I haven't competed any this year yet; I have a Tang Soo Do test (for 2nd degree black belt) in March that I would rather not get injured before.  I think the my next tournament will probably be NAGA in July.

Class last night was good.  We recently began spending a lot more class time drilling which honestly I really like.  Last night we drilled a transition from side control, to scarf hold, to north south, and all the way around, then an open guard pass and a sit-up guard pass, and finally some submissions from the back.  I didn't get in as many reps as usual last night because I was working with Caleb who constantly cycled through to give each pair a new technique to drill.  My techniques were flowing pretty well though, which I was happy about.

Four rounds of rolling.  Honestly, that was probably my best class in a while.  I was caught in several submissions, but I recognized a defense for each, some of which worked and some of which didn't.  My whole roll felt really smooth.  Even rolling with the big guys I was doing better than usual.  Hopefully this will hold up through tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment