Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Feeling Dangerous

Completely exhausted right now. With a few guys competing in Lutador this weekend, tonight's class consisted of lots of drilling and lots of rolling.  After warm-up, we drilled shoulder throws.  Then a basic guard sweep.  Then a mount escape (better for bigger guys) and an easy open guard pass.  Cue heavy arms.  Next came shooting and sprawling. Cue heavy legs.  Following that we moved on to positional training.  Guard sweeping/passing first, then side control escapes or submissions.  Felt really good about the guard stuff, but my game from side control stinks.  Something else to work on I guess.

After that a few regular rolls; with Caleb, then Steve, then a newer(ish) white belt named Kevin.  I didn't do awful with Caleb, but by the end of the roll I was really tired.  Then rolling with Steve I started wishing I had eaten a little less Chick-fil-A on the way over.  I felt really bad though when I accidentally whacked him in the nose when sitting back for an arm bar.  Well I guess that's one way to make them let go.  Okay.  Really tired now.  By the time the last round started, I was seriously considering asking to sit out.  I decided to push on ahead though and see how I did when I was tired.  Turns out, I hardly got the chance.  About a minute into the round, we were grip fighting when Kevin yanked his hand out of my gi.  He yanked so hard it actually broke or dislocated the top joint of his finger.  It wasn't bad thank goodness, but, needless to say, class ended shortly.  Anyway, feeling a little dangerous momentarily seeing as I managed to whack a nose and break a finger in the course of one class.

By the way, remember that awesome fluidity from last week?  Yeah, it has gone missing. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment