Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Monday, November 18

Sorry I haven't posted lately!  The week after the tournament I was too lazy to post, and last week I didn't make it to class at all.  In my defense though, the deer we hit driving to class last Monday left a lovely hole in my dad's truck.

Since I knew I wouldn't make class last night either (I had the end of the year party for Tang Soo Do), I went early Monday night for some extra practice with the Gi.  Got to do a bunch of drilling with Gina while Caleb helped Matt with his techniques for his test Saturday. (Oh, by the way, there's a blue belt test Saturday.)  Anyway, after drilling I got to roll about two rounds with Gina (the timer wasn't turned on so I'm not exactly sure) and one round with Caleb.  Honestly, I was pretty satisfied with my rolls.  I even got an arm bar!

After that was an hour of school work while kids' class went on.  Following that was sword class, which I got to join in on.  Actually, I enjoyed that class a lot.  Very traditional.  Plus, I've been wanting to try sword class for about two years now and my parents finally said yes so...yeah.

Anyway, back to jiu-jitsu.  Nice sized class for No-gi.  Apparently the theme of this and this past week is/was reestablishing guard, so obviously we worked on that.  We actually drilled four different ways to escape side control, three of which ended with them in your guard.  When Caleb was explaining the last one he kept saying "roll across your shoulders"...as he rolled over his head. Hehe.

Oh yeah, and my brain just reminded me we worked on escaping mount too.  As soon as we started rolling, I realized the sweep we learned was one that Caleb uses on me all the time, so now that I know how to do it, maybe I can figure out how to defend against it.

Rolling was apparently somewhat uneventful since I don't recall much of it.  Then again I'm pretty tired right now so it could just be that.  Everything seemed to be flowing pretty well, which made me happy.  I'm starting to see things (submissions, sweeps, etc.) where I didn't before and it's a pretty awesome feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment