Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hi Everyone!

I thought I would start this blog off with a proper introduction.  My name is Sydney, and I have been training in martial arts for six and a half years.  Up until a couple years ago, it was just Tang Soo Do.  When I got my black belt though, I found out about this awesome thing called cross-training.  First, it was Hapkido, which, by the way, I still train in on occasion.  Then last fall, my friend/instructor, Caleb, invited me to come train with him at his Jiu-jitsu school.  Let's just say I fell in love with the sport.  I have been training for over a year now and am a yellow belt with one stripe.

Now understand that I am not one of those people who goes to six classes a week and squeezes BJJ into every second of spare time.  Between school and my other martial arts, I don't have a ton of extra time on my hands; and it doesn't help that it's an hour round trip to class.  I do enjoy it a lot though, and I try to get all that I can out of my two practices each week.  I hope writing about practice might help me remember some stuff better.  And hey! If someone actually learns something from this blog, then that's even better.

Oh, and one more thing.  I'm Type A and kinda a perfectionist so if my posts start getting boring (or are boring from the start) I would really appreciate it if someone commented and let me know.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment